Well tax day is finally here! It’s been a rough year for all american taxpayers due to the economic crises; including the employees and associates of R&G Brenner. Therefore I would like to thank all R&G Brenner associates for their hard work, 12 hour work days and tireless efforts. Without these experienced professionals, as well as all of our valued and loyal clients, R&G Brenner would not and could not be what it is today. Thank you all.
Here are some last minute tips:
- If you owe taxes and are mailing in your returns, be sure the envelopes are postmarked by 11:59pm on April 15th. If they are not, you will be subject to late filing penalties and interest
- If you owe taxes and need to file an extension because you are not ready to submit your returns, we can help you. Remember, an extension does not preclude you from paying your taxes. They must be sent along with the extension before 4/15
- Be sure to put primary & secondary (if applicable) Social Security numbers on any checks sent as payments
- Keep all personal return back up documentation of your deductions for a minimum of 7 years. Keep all documentation for Business Tax Returns FOREVER.
- If you have not filed a 2006 tax return, or plan on filing an amended 2006 tax return, they also must be submitted before 4/15. Any 2006 return submitted after this date will not be accepted, and all potential refunds will be forfeited
- If you are due a refund, no worries! You have three years to file. So don’t kill yourself trying to get your taxes filed by the 4/15 deadline
- If you filed your taxes yourself R&G Brenner is offering a free review of your self-prepared tax returns. If your return can be amended to your benefit, we will reduce your quoted fee by the retail amount you spent on your software. This is especially pertinent for TurboTax filers as it has come to light that their program is miscalculating tax returns.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks again and see you next year!
Benjamin K. Brenner, PRESIDENT